Thursday, December 06, 2007

We Are The Champions!

Sorry it has been almost a week since my last post. I have started my new company/job. More on that later. First, I want to share some exciting news.
Five years ago, myself and Sammy Waller started a softball league at Flamingo Road Church. It started with about 120 guys playing on 8 teams. Since then we have played 7 seasons (twice a year for 2 of those years) and this year we had 16 teams with about 250 guys playing. I have seen a lot of guys get connected to church and God through the league.
Since the beginning, I have had good teams and bad teams, but never won a championship. This year, that all changed. Last Thursday night, we won the championship. It was a great night and something I have been waiting for. We all celebrated and had a great time. Here is a pic of the team with the monster trophy:
Sorry about the quality, it was taken by my son with his camera phone.
I just wanted to post this to say thanks to all the guys that have played with me throughout the years and to celebrate success.

3 comments:

Melissa in Mel's World said...

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!! (HA!) Are ya still singing that song, even a week later, while you are peeling off the bandage of your right shin. Since you left most of it on the ball field?

Hope it is healing up better than it was yesterday when I left. Miss you guys!
Wife

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you guys.

Anonymous said...

you left us hanging about your new job! We are excited for you

Google Analytics