Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Explanation

Why are here 16 books on my "What I Am Reading" list? BTW - There are actually 17.

I find it very hard to read one book for an hour or more at a time. I have devised a reading plan for me to combat that and also allow me to read many different types of books at the same time. (I also had problems in the past deciding what to read - problem solved as follows):

I start my day with the One Year Chronological Bible. I feel that this is the best way to start and allows me to continually read through the Bible in a year. I try a different version each year. 15 minutes a day tops.

Later in the morning, I have my "Morning Reading Time/Quiet Time" It consists of the following categories of books for about 10 minutes each (and the current book I am reading in that category).

-Inspirational - Chasing Hope
-Financial - 9 Steps to Financial Freedom
-Leadership - The Likeability Factor
-Spiritual Growth - Louder Then Words
-Physical Fitness - Lose it for Life - Hardest category for me
-Parenting - Boundaries with Teens
-Devotional = Pathway to His Presence
-Bible - NLT Study Bible - Different from above reading in that I read a smaller passage and read all associated notes.

I wrap up this time with prayer. Total time about 90 minutes

During the day I read a misc book of interest, currently, The 4-hour Workweek whenever the opportunity presents itself (waiting rooms, bathroom, etc.)

At night (usually after the kids go to bed) I read the following categories (books) about 10 minutes each:

-Misc Book - Getting Things Done
-Personal Growth - The Power of Positive Thinking
-Parenting - The Chicken's Guide...
-Marriage/Relationship - The Five Love Languages
-Business - Leading at a Higher Level
-Spiritual Growth - Hard to Believe

Before Drifting off to sleep, I finish up with varying books for enjoyment currently The Google Story.

By reading this way, I finish a lot of books, retain a lot more information, and keep my reading interesting. I also hone many different skill areas at the same time.

Well, there it is. Insane or not. That is my explanation. Try it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so you read 3 hours a day?
when is it you:
Exercise
Eat
Work
Sleep
Family time
extra circular activities???
come on finish up the day so we can see the whole picture.

JC

PS - However, that was pretty cool break down ...

Google Analytics