Monday, July 30, 2007

Getting Things Done

I am an organizational/time management obsessive compulsive enthusiast. Figure that one out and then remember that you do not want to be one. I love systems, processes, solutions, challenges, and procedures. I have spent a lot of time honing my personal organizational/reminder/time management system. I have always felt that it is unique to me as it has been developed over many years and as a result of my many idiosyncrasies. Recently I have found out that it is not so unique. I have been reading a book called "Getting Things Done" by David Allen. This is may be the best book I have ever read on personal organization, project management, and team leadership. The system he describes is a lot like the one that I have painstakingly developed over many years. It's a little frustrating to re-invent the wheel, but at the same time it is reaffirming. I suggest you check it out if you feel like you have more plates spinning than you can handle all the time. If you don't feel that way - get married, get a job, find your holy discontent, have kids, strive to be a learner, find someone to lead, find someone to follow that challenges you, live a healthy lifestyle, and try to rest in the middle of all that - then read the book.

Matt

1 comment:

@heredes said...

Been looking for a new read ... this one's looking good ... you almost done? let me know how its going

Google Analytics