Monday, July 23, 2007

Vacation Ends


Looks like another great vacation is coming to a close. We have had a fantastic time. Vegas has been great. There is way too much to see here, so we feel like we missed a lot, but we got to see some really cool stuff. Coolest of all was probably today when we visted the Stratosphere. I would not say that I am afraid of heights (I do not lock up in those situations) but it definitely makes me uneasy. We could see the whole town of Vegas. The kids rode a couple of rides on the top of the Stratosphere - one that shoots you straight up and one that hangs you out over the edge 866 feet in the air.
I used to like that kind of thing, but I think I am getting old. I did run into an old friend today - see pic below:

Vegas is a town that represent a lot of the things that are wrong with our world, but there are a lot of things that are good for families.

Tonight, I asked the kids what they liked the most and they said the trash chute. Everytime we need to throw out the trash, they run down to it because they can hear the trash falling 22 floors. Sometimes it is the simple things in life.

We have a long day of flying tomorrow (two 3 and one half hour flights) and then we will be home. It will be good to be back. Hopefully our bodies can adjust back to EST. Here is a cool pic of some of the hotels:

1 comment:

Melissa in Mel's World said...

It was a GREAT vacation...but I am so glad to be home! Great job on the blog updates...
wife

Google Analytics