Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Back from Guatemala

Sorry I have neglected to post since we were in GU. We all arrived back in South Florida safely (after a minor flight delay). It was great to see family again and be in a place where you don't have to constantly be thinking about whether or not you can use the water. I still hesitate every time I turn on a faucet. I miss what I experienced in GU but would not trade my life for anything. I like my routine and the challenges that are unique to my calling.

Many of you may be considering sponsoring a compassion child after following us through Guatemala and the good news is that it is never too late. If you are interested in sponsoring a compassion child, just go to www.compassion.com and click on "sponsor a child".

Realize that if you do, it is not just about sending money - that is the easy part. It is about building a relationship with your child through letters and pictures and maybe even going to visit them someday.

I am already beginning to think about the next time I will get to visit with Ericka - hopefully Melissa, Nick, and Bailey will get to meet her too.



No comments:

Google Analytics